Videos of Mozart and Salieri and Kashchey the Immortal 2018
Professional video recordings of each of the five performances (including the open dress rehearsal preview) of the Island City Opera Rimsky-Korsakov duo Mozart and Salieri and Kashchey the Immortal in January 2018 are now available for purchase. These wide-screen videos include English subtitles. They are available as single-disc standard-density DVD's, each disc containing both operas.
The price of the videos is $5 each, with shipping included.
Company members (cast, crew, production team, and orchestra members) may purchase up to one video of each performance at their special discount rate. Some notes about slight differences in the various performances and videos:
- Jan 17: Mozart & Salieri opens with a brief pan of the conductor and orchestra — there are no curtain calls at the end of Kashchey the Immortal
- Jan 19: Mozart & Salieri opens with a brief pan of the conductor and orchestra — the second scene projection was not working: rear is blank for the first few minutes of the scene, then replaced with the first scene projection — during the curtain calls of Kashchey the Immortal there is a brief pan of the chorus — production curtain calls include Patrick Kroboth, David Lynch, Judy Bogart, Ellen St. Thomas, and Marina Polakoff
- Jan 21: There was a mistaken stage entrance between the second and third verses of the scene 3 “malign lullaby” in Kashchey the Immortal — production curtain calls include Judy Bogart, Joy Graham-Korst, Marina Polakoff, and Ellen St. Thomas
- Jan 26: The projected supertitles are partially visible in long shots of Mozart & Salieri — the mirror crash in the first scene of Kashchey the Immortal is about 12 sec early — there is a very brief pan of the chorus during the final curtain calls
- Jan 28: The projected supertitles are partially visible in long shots of Mozart & Salieri — only three dancers appear in the final scene of Kashchey the Immortal — there is a very brief pan of the chorus during the final curtain calls
(Videos of our 2013 production of Die Walküre for Verismo Opera and of our 2016 co-production of Siegfried with VOICES/SF are also still available.)